From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] arm64v8 hosting/access
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 17:33:49
1 Hello,
4 So I'm working on ebuilds for gentoo for apache-mesos-1.0.
5 It's an exciting cluster release and it can function as the basis for both
6 normal cloud needs and those of Hi Performance Computing.
7 I have a small cluster of amd64 system for this development work.
8
9 I want to simultaneously work on the codes on some arm64v8 hardware::
10 so if anyone has recommendations on low-cost access to say 5 nodes
11 (3 masters and 2 slave nodes) then that information would be keen to me.
12
13 Alternatively::
14 The basic problem is finding arm64v8 hardware, with a decent amount
15 of ram, at reasonable prices. The best I found is $40 per board
16 and I was wondering if anyone knows of a gentoo port for this hardware [1].
17
18 I am very open to any means to gain access to at least (5) ARM64V8
19 cores for testing cluster ebuilds.
20
21 sincerely,
22 James