From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rebuilding dependent packages
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:22:31
1 Joshua D Doll wrote:
2 > Michael P. Soulier wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I recently did an emerge --update --deep world, which resulted in a
6 >> rebuild of
7 >> the ffmpeg library.
8 >> The libavcodec library went from version 51 to 52, which broke
9 >> transcode. The
10 >> --deep argument did not find the dependency there and rebuild transcode.
11 >> On my FreeBSD server, portupgrade has the -r and -R arguments to force
12 >> rebuilds of dependent and reverse-dependent packages. Is there a way
13 >> to have
14 >> emerge do the same?
15 >>
16 >> Thanks,
17 >> Mike
18 >>
19 > I'm thinking you might want to check out revdep-rebuild from the
20 > gentoolkit package.
21 >
22 > --Joshua Doll
26 Would --with-bdeps y help here? I'm not sure it would. Just a thought.
27
28 Dale
29