From: Giedrius Kudelis <giedrius.kudelis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nginx init script dependencies
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:35:35
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm new to this mailing list, so greetings to everyone!
4
5 I am having some trouble starting nginx while some of the network interfaces
6 are down. Running "/etc/init.d/nginx ineed" gives me
7
8 fsck localmount dhcpcd net.eth0 net.eth1 net.lo
9
10 I guess this means that all the net.* interfaces have to be up for nginx to
11 start. Wouldn't it be more logical to require only one (like the loopback
12 interface) to be up? The problem is that if I stop net.eth1 and start nginx
13 it tries to start net.eth1, which I'd rather it did not do. Is there any way
14 to avoid this? Thank you!
15
16 Best regards,
17 Giedrius Kudelis