From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Need a clue about merging logical volumes/groups with lvm2
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 10:55:39
1 On 07/22/2012 01:46 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > If you have a spare drive, I'd add a partition on that to the VG you want
4 > to keep,
5
6 Aha! That's exactly the kind of outside-the-box hint I needed, thanks.
7 Now that I understand the concept, the rest should be "easy". Just like
8 everything else about computers ;)
9
10 > increase the LV size and move everything over. Then remove the
11 > VGs from the second disk, add it to the first VG and use pvmove to move
12 > everything off the spare disk before removing it from the VG. You can
13 > continue to use the system while this runs, so this gives the least
14 > downtime with minimal hassle.