From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] major problem involving nvidia drivers, gnome and x
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:26:05
1 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > 160329 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > With 4.1.20 the nvidia drivers I am using get an invalid argument
5 > > when trying to modprobe it. Its version 355.11-r4.
6 > > If I try the latest version, I get modeset errors,
7 > > although it stops giving me the invalid argument.
8 >
9 > I had a problem with 358 + 361 , but the solution was simple :
10 > I have "-*" to start the list of USE flags in make.conf
11 > -- yes, I know ... ! -- & there were 3 new USE flags
12 > which I needed to set properly -- driver gtk3 kms -- to make it work.
13 >
14 > Check your Nvidia USE flags, just in case.
15 >
16 > HTH
17 Thanks for your quick response.
18
19 Version 358.16-r5 still gives invalid argument, with no driver use flag
20 available and the latest version 361.28-r2 gives me modeset errors, so I
21 am sort of stuck. The use flags you mentioned are all mandatory in that version.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici