From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange behavior of "tab" key with Libreoffice Calc and Plasma
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 20:31:42
1 190623 Stefano Crocco wrote:
2 > a few months ago I started noticing a very annoying behavior
3 > when pressing the "tab" key in Libreoffice Calc.
4 > Previously, pressing this key would move the cursor by one cell to the right,
5 > so that I could immediately start writing into the cell.
6
7 That's what it does for me now, using LO 6.2.4.2 on KDE.
8
9 > Now, while the cursor is moved to the correct cell
10 > -- I can see the black border around it -- ,
11 > I can't write in it immediately anymore.
12 > To move the cursor to the next cell and be able to immediately write in it,
13 > I need to press the tab key twice.
14 > It seems that somehow pressing the tab key once gives focus to the menu bar:
15 > pressing tab once, then pressing "F" brings down the file menu;
16 > pressing tab, then pressing "E" displays the edit menu and so on.
17
18 Here, pressing Tab-Tab simply moves 2 cells to the right.
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca