From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} dvdrip permissions error, alternative?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:05:19
1 When I click on "RIP Title" in dvdrip, I get a permission denied error
2 regarding Project.pm. All of the other options in the other tabs are
3 grayed out and unmodifiable. If I try to run the program as root, it
4 says it cannot open the display. Does anyone know what's wrong here?
5 I've tried amd64 and ~amd64 versions.
6
7 I'm trying to make backups of my DVDs that are smaller than the full
8 8GB but don't lose any noticeable audio or video quality. I'd be
9 happy to just select the audio and video track I want and rip them
10 without any transcoding. Would anyone recommend a program other than
11 dvdrip for this? I would use mplayer's mencode, but mplayer can't
12 play my "The Life of Mammals" DVD so I don't think mencode will work.
13 I believe that DVD is copy protected.
14
15 - Grant
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list