From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: corefonts being depcleaned?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 03:04:57
1 On 05/18/2010 07:10 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I updated a bit ago, it updated a few packages and while I was sitting here I thought I would run --depclean and see if anything needed cleaning. I got this list of packages:
5 >
6 > >>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:
7 >
8 > media-fonts/corefonts
9 > selected: 1-r4
10 > protected: none
11 > omitted: none
12 > ...
13 > The corefonts is sort of odd. I thought that was a system package, or at least it was. Is this correct? I don't want to remove this unless something else has replaced it or something. Anybody else removed this with no ill effects?
14
15 I updated about 16 hours ago and got no such pronouncement. The corefonts package has
16 both the x86 and amd64 KEYWORDS (well, as of 16 hours ago) so I would be very slow to
17 remove it. Some of my favorite fonts come from that package, even if it is from The
18 Other Leading Operating System.