From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] imagemagick / graphicsmagick collision
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 10:51:21
1 Am 12.06.2016 um 12:05 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > My main desktop has been giving me these stupid error for a week now.
3 > ANd I can't figure out what portage wants to do or how to stop it (other
4 > than masking graphics magick):
5 >
6 > [blocks B ] media-gfx/graphicsmagick[imagemagick]
7 > ("media-gfx/graphicsmagick[imagemagick]" is blocking
8 > media-gfx/imagemagick-6.9.4.7)
9 > [blocks B ] media-gfx/imagemagick ("media-gfx/imagemagick" is
10 > blocking media-gfx/graphicsmagick-1.3.24)
11
12 > So here's the question: Why is portage not realising I already have a
13 > suitable *magick and decides I ought to have the blocker?
14
15 Install graphicsmagick with USE="-imagemagick".
16
17 If I recall correctly the blocker is because of a file or a feature
18 collision of media-gfx/imagemagick and
19 media-gfx/graphicsmagick[imagemagick].