From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some KDE apps under KDE4 stability
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 23:14:29
1 On Saturday 04 October 2008 18:54:16 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > ======= On Saturday 04 October 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote: =======
3 > ...
4 >
5 > > > Phonon (working with ALSA/hdsp)
6 > >
7 > > Still trying to figure out how to use Phonon :-)
8 >
9 > Do you mean Phonon in common, or Phonon + RME card? The thing is, ALSA is
10 > some thing, but ALSA + hdsp is something another :-) - there are no common
11 > known alsamixer controls for hdsp driver.
12
13 Simpler than that - all I know about phonon is what the press release blurb
14 says - a multimedia API that all apps can use and abstracts the hardware
15 away.
16
17 Reading that and emerging kde-4 is the complete research I have done on it :-)
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com