From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmasking USE flags
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:24:02
1 On Tuesday 23 January 2007 22:28, Daniel Barkalow wrote:
2 > Is there some approved way to unmask a USE flag that your profile masks?
3 > (Maybe only for certain packages?) I need "multilib" for
4 > cross-arm-elf/newlib, and x86 profiles have it masked.
5 >
6 > (For that matter, arm profiles seem to also have it masked, despite at
7 > least some arm devices having two ISAs)
8
9 I seriously doubt it'll work but unmasking a use flag is easy..
10
11 # mkdir -p /etc/portage/profile
12
13 To unmask it globally:
14
15 # echo '-multilib' >> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask
16
17 Or on a per package basis (note: for this to work properly requires portage
18 2.1.2 which isn't stable quite yet):
19
20 # echo 'cross-arm-elf/newlib -multilib' >> /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask
23 Bo Andresen