From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM (Was: the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?))
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:19:41
1 kashani wrote:
2 > On 3/24/2011 10:19 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I have never used LVM but when it messes up after a upgrade, as has
5 >> happened to many others, see if you say the same thing. I hope your
6 >> backups are good and they can restore.
7 >>
8 >> Dale
9 >
10 > Meh, boot a liveCD and fix it which took all of 15 minutes. I
11 > don't see that as a failing of LVM, but of Gentoo for lack of another
12 > culprit. You can only roll your OS forward in so many ways before you
13 > have to do a little offline plumbing. May as well complain that you
14 > had to shutdown your machine to put in more RAM.
15 >
16 > kashani
20 I researched using LVM a good while back. The reason I didn't was what
21 I posted. It is prone to problems that are difficult if not impossible
22 to correct. I may not have data that is worth much but I don't want to
23 loose it either way.
24
25 People that have read these posts can't plead ignorance.
26
27 Good luck.
28
29 Dale