From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox 57.0.4 without pulseaudio? Possible?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 17:50:32
1 On 01/14 08:54, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2018-01-14 05:49, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > I tried Palemoon some time ago. I checked its security and privacy
5 > > feature with certain sites on the internet, which provide such
6 > > services and found some issues, which I wanted to discuss on their
7 > > forum. The answer was not to believe such sites and in result security
8 > > would be a matter of how much I believe in a certain software.
9 >
10 > I am keen to see a link to that discussion. I searched the forum for
11 > "meino" and "tuxic" but got no hits for either. Can you help me?
12 >
13 > --
14 > Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 > if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 > To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.
19 Will see, whether it is still there...here it comes:
20 https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14531&p=103898&hilit=mcc&sid=9477d72d647e5e361a52372fa5388ced#p103898
21
22 Cite:
23
24 | "But as for me, I believe that Pale Moon comes with optimally secure
25 | defaults since I have felt little need to change anything in regards
26 | to security. If however you do not trust me or Moonchild, the
27 | developer of Pale Moon, when we say that Pale Moon is secure enough as
28 | is, then you are free to use whichever browser you trust is more
29 | secure."
32 Keywords (more me at least) here were "believe" and "trust"...
33 Say, I would produce firewall systems professionally and would
34 "believe", that they are secure and "trust" in my work despite
35 the fact others has done some tests which render this security
36 questionable...would I be called a software engineer?
37 But this is only my point of view and my personal opinion, which
38 may or mau not be valid for others. No offense intended!
39 And: I dont want to start a flame war here. Yoy asked and tried
40 to give a answer, which may be useful onlu to explain my own point
41 of view.
42
43 Cheers
44 Meino