From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running Gentoo infrastructure on MacOS
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:29:14
1 On Wednesday 12 Apr 2017 01:28:03 Viktar Patotski wrote:
2 > Hi List,
3 >
4 > I know that it's possible to install Gentoo as a dual boot on a Mac Book.
5 > However I do like MacOs interface and it's power saving features.
6
7 What power saving features are you referring to? When I installed Gentoo with
8 a Gnome desktop on a MacBook Pro, all power features on the OSX were also
9 available on the Gentoo OS.
12 > So, I
13 > have a question: Is there any way to have MacOs booted, but use Gentoo
14 > infrastructure (portage, packages etc.)? I'm aware of VirtualBox and
15 > similar options, but is there a way to be integrated in more easy way?
16 > Something similar to container based virtualisation?
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 > Viktar
20
21 I suspect you are asking for something like this?
22
23 https://blog.newrelic.com/2016/06/20/docker-osx-mac/
24
25 However there may be better ways of meeting your requirements, if you explain
26 what these might be in more detail (running Gentoo in containers may be a sub-
27 optimal solution).
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick