From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying white corner button after update
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:43:25
1 On 14/08/2013 17:38, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
2 > On 14/08/13 06:57, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On 14/08/2013 01:45, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
4 >>> Greetings,
5 >>>
6 >>> I had a rather large update yesterday and after restarting my emacs
7 >>> today (I haven't restarted since the update), I found an annoying
8 >>> arrow-like button at the corner of the window. The only thing I can do
9 >>> with it is to double click to close the window (I use a tiling WM so
10 >>> it's useless for resizing). A snippet where you can see it is at [1]. I
11 >>> can't find anything online on what this is, where it came from, or more
12 >>> importantly, how to get rid of this eyesore. Any clues appreciated.
13 >>>
14 >>> [1] - http://fuuzetsu.co.uk/misc/corner.png
15 >>>
18 >> Your first step in such cases is always to post the full list of
19 >> everything that was updated since it last worked.
20 >>
21 >> genlop -l
26 > You're most right, apologies. You can wget the relevant part of the log
27 > from http://fuuzetsu.co.uk/misc/lop
31 That's quite a big update :-)
32
33 My first thought would be it looks like a window decoration, so I'd
34 guess the window manager. But x11-wm is not in your log, and I don't see
35 anything related to widgets either (assuming gtk is not relevant?)
36
37 I, like you, have no idea where to even start looking.
38
39 Anything from TheGoogle yet?
42 Alan McKinnon
43 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com