From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to increase the number of external (all imap) accounts in evolution?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:56:09
1 W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Is there a way to increase the number of external (all imap) accounts?
3 > The server end where the bulk of the accounts sit is courier-imap on
4 > gentoo, the other is wu-imap on solaris (I think). The client (two of)
5 > are both on gentoo, remote to the imap servers.
6
7 Courier tends to run it's own daemons, whereas WU uses xinet.d, so for
8 that you'll need to check the settings for xinet.d.
9
10 Courier on the other hand can be set using it's configuration files. I
11 don't use it on Gentoo (I have it running on Fedora/CentOS for our web
12 servers atm), so I'm not sure if the configuration files have been
13 moved, but on there they're in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc. If you have
14 gentoolkit, run
15
16 # equery files courier-imap | grep "(imap|pop3)\.dist"
17
18 to see where they're located.
21 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
22 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
23 --
24 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b7 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
25 up 17:11, 2 users, load average: 0.37, 0.34, 0.47
26 --
27 "To a large segment of our society, gay people are viewed as sexual
28 outlaws. God forbid a straight person should acknowledge that there
29 are pleasures associated with their anus. That's a big, big door
30 that people don't want to open."
31
32 ~ Phil Hartman
33 --