From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone ever emerged dev-libs/boost with FEATURES="test" and finished?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:44:50
1 On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Paul Hartman
4 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> I'm running with full system FEATURES="test" on, and I have a couple of
7 >>> programs that depended on dev-libs/boost. The boost testsuite always
8 >>> fails in my computer due to insufficient disk space, I usually simply
9 >>> skip the test for boost and just go on with the merge. But today, I
10 >>> decided to let the testsuite run to completion; so in preparation for
11 >>> that, I plugged in an external harddisk and made it so that
12 >>> /var/tmp/portage points to an empty disk image in the external harddrive.
13 >>>
14 >>> This setup works ok, and the testsuite is still running, however I saw
15 >>> now that the disk image's is now taking ~18 GB (and counting) while "du
16 >>> -sh" on /var/tmp/portage counted ~13GB.
17 >>>
18 >>> So, the question is, has anyone successfully compiled and run
19 >>> FEATURES="test" on boost and knows how much space the tests eat up in
20 >>> the end?
21 >>>
22 >>> I am suspecting of the possibility that maybe a testsuite gets into an
23 >>> infinite loop while writing a file or something constantly eats up
24 >>> diskspace. Or is it just that boost has an outrageously too extensive
25 >>> testsuite and it will turn out ok if I just left it to run.
26 >>
27 >> I'm trying it now, I have 64gb free in /var/tmp so I hope that's enough... :)
30 > After almost 1.5 hours it is at its 22000th target and using 14G of
31 > /var/tmp so far... I'll keep waiting.
34 It finished, successfully. 1 hour 52 minutes (normal compile of boost
35 without testing takes about 3 minutes). Peak disk usage was about 20G
36 when i spot-checked...
37
38 The ebuild checks for 1024M free, maybe they need to change that to
39 check for 20G if testing?