From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: XP laptop crashes Linsys router.
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:45:48
On Wednesday 25 January 2006 13:42, a tiny voice compelled
brettholcomb@×××××××××.net to write:
> Recheck (I assume you've checked it already <G>) his network settings. He > may have a bad card. Can you setup a network trace/sniffer on your linux > box to see what happens? Also the Linksys will log some events - check > it's log setup and see how detailed you can get. > > > From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net> > > Date: 2006/01/25 Wed PM 01:36:44 EST > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o > > Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: XP laptop crashes Linsys router. > > > > My son has a toshiba laptop running XP. When ever he plugs in his network > > cable, The router linksys goes down. I cannot ping it from my machine. > > Rebooting the router allows all machines to reach internet and LAN > > addresses for a few seconds until the router crashes again. Leaving the > > cable unplugged from his laptop allows the router to work properly. Any > > ideas? > > -- > > Regards, Ernie > > -- > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
I played a bit with his laptop (damn it's a bi**h to do anything with winders) and found that "Internet Connection Sharing" was enabled. I disabled same and it seems to have done the trick. My God! I fealt like a noobie trying to fumble my way around that thing. Is there no way of restarting the network on XP? -- Regards, Ernie -- gentoo-user@g.o mailing list