From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: XP laptop crashes Linsys router.
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:45:48
1 On Wednesday 25 January 2006 13:42, a tiny voice compelled
2 brettholcomb@×××××××××.net to write:
3 > Recheck (I assume you've checked it already <G>) his network settings. He
4 > may have a bad card. Can you setup a network trace/sniffer on your linux
5 > box to see what happens? Also the Linksys will log some events - check
6 > it's log setup and see how detailed you can get.
7 >
8 > > From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
9 > > Date: 2006/01/25 Wed PM 01:36:44 EST
10 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
11 > > Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: XP laptop crashes Linsys router.
12 > >
13 > > My son has a toshiba laptop running XP. When ever he plugs in his network
14 > > cable, The router linksys goes down. I cannot ping it from my machine.
15 > > Rebooting the router allows all machines to reach internet and LAN
16 > > addresses for a few seconds until the router crashes again. Leaving the
17 > > cable unplugged from his laptop allows the router to work properly. Any
18 > > ideas?
19 > > --
20 > > Regards, Ernie
21 > > --
22 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
23
24 I played a bit with his laptop (damn it's a bi**h to do anything with winders)
25 and found that "Internet Connection Sharing" was enabled. I disabled same and
26 it seems to have done the trick. My God! I fealt like a noobie trying to
27 fumble my way around that thing. Is there no way of restarting the network on
28 XP?
29 --
30 Regards, Ernie
31 --