From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python and -fno-semantic-interposition speed up
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 19:11:48
1 On 2020-01-13 11:33, Adam Carter wrote:
2
3 > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/PythonNoSemanticInterpositionSpeedup
4 >
5 > The only downside listed is "Users will no longer be able to use LD_PRELOAD
6 > to override a symbol from libpython".
7 >
8 > Does anyone know if that is an issue for gentoo?
9
10 The big problem with this proposal is:
11
12 - How To Test
13
14 -- Test that everything Python related in Fedora works as usual.
15
16 I don't even know how to find "everything Python related" on Gentoo.
17 And then, for each package that may be related, it would be necessary to
18 test all its features.
19
20 Maybe a better way would be to grep the gentoo repository for
21 "LD_PRELOAD", but I don't think I have the capacity for that. Anyone?
24 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
25 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
26 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
27 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.