From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world update problem again
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:07:00
1 On Tue, 2021-11-30 at 14:27 +0100, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > > Hi.  So, on my latest attempt at a world update today, I am getting a
3 > > crazy problem with libpng, with some packages insisting on the use
4 > > flag -apng (portage made me put it in), but other packages insisting
5 > > on the use flag apng.
6 > >
7 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
8 >
9 > That is a direct conflict between chromium and firefox/thunderbird.
10 > You can avoid it by removing the system-png flag from chromium.
11
12 This has been a hotly debated topic recently. For more backstory, see
13 this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/824018