From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The NVIDIA/Kernel fiasco -- is it safe to sync yet?
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:16:45
1 hasufell wrote:
2 > On 08/25/2013 06:34 PM, Mick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I've been always running ATI Radeon cards, by accident rather than design. I
5 >> was thinking of moving to NVidia on a new box to be built soon, because of the
6 >> many accolades that I have read on the Internet, but reports of problems like
7 >> this make me pause for thought. Sure it's not major borkage, but it is an
8 >> inconvenience. How do NVidia users manage such problems? Trial and error?
9 >>
10 > Sort of. When I hit a nice spot with a kernel/nvidia-driver combination,
11 > then I do not update both for quite a while.
15 I rarely have issues with them installing. I may find some odd bug but
16 not a clash with kernel and driver. Then again, I don't update my
17 kernel very often either. I did make it to 3.9.5 a little while back.
18
19 I do recall reading about issues with the 3.10.* kernels tho. I think
20 something moved or something and Nvidia needed to update the drivers.
21
22 I would usually say I am lucky but folks that know me know better than
23 that. lol
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!