From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X segfault with nvidia-drivers-295.40 on GT520
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 23:27:01
1 On 05/02/2012 11:39 PM, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2
3 > One month ago I switched to an Nvidia-based (ASUS GT520, PCI-e) video
4 > card on an ~amd64 box. I immediately had problems with the latest Nvidia
5 > driver causing a segfault when X started
6
7 I make this ridiculous suggestion only because you're still having trouble.
8
9 The ebuild for the proprietary ati-drivers includes this advice:
10
11 "If you experience unexplained segmentation faults and kernel crashes"
12 "with this driver and multi-threaded applications such as wine,"
13 "set UseFastTLS in xorg.conf to either 0 or 1, but not 2."
14
15 Hey, how much time can you waste testing it with nvidia-drivers ;)