From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 14:33:17
1 On Tue, 2021-08-31 at 10:04 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > What I probably should get around to is grokking EFI+linux.  I'm not
3 > sure what the cleanest solution for that is these days - I've never
4 > actually set up EFI on linux, mostly because I'm not sure what the
5 > best practice is.
6
7 I can't speak to best practices, and I'm a long way from an expert on
8 EFI, but the the instructions on the Gentoo handbook pages on disk
9 partitioning + grub setup worked as expected for me.
10
11 In a small nutshell, you have a small EFI+boot partition, set to type
12 'EFI System' and formatted FAT32, then tell grub to use it as an EFI
13 directory when calling grub-install.