From: kelly hirai <kgh03@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any bought a laptop that "Just Works"?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:14:17
1 thinkpad edge i5, intel gpu. x86_64 all good.
2
3 On 03/30/11 14:31, Robin Atwood wrote:
4 >
5 > I am in the market for a new laptop and would be interested if anyone
6 > else on the list had recently bought a laptop in which all the
7 > hardware worked out of the box with Linux. I am most concerned about
8 > WiFi/audio/webcam, the finer points of hibernation are of lesser
9 > concern. Currently I have a "Linux Certified" machine but I want to
10 > avoid shipping costs to the UK.
14 > TIA
15 >
16 > -Robin
17 >
18 > --
19 >
20 > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
21 >
22 > Robin Atwood.
26 > "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
27 >
28 > Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
29 >
30 > from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
31 >
32 > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
52 > --
53 >
54 > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
55 >
56 > Robin Atwood.
57 >
58 > "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
59 >
60 > Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
61 >
62 > from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
63 >