From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: the font in xfce change after updating
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:43:20
1 2007/4/29, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>:
2 > Chuanwen Wu wrote:
3 > > The font is out of the control of my .fonts.conf. The english
4 > > characters are unclear as you can see in annex e.png.
5 >
6 > You mean there is too much anti-aliasing?
7 >
8 > > And the
9 > > Chinese characters are even more worse as you can see in annex
10 > > c.png
11 >
12 > You mean there is no anti-aliasing at all? That is what
13 > your .fonts.conf specifies, however.
14 >
15 > Try this as your .fonts.conf file, and if it's better, copy the
16 > relevant stuff to your original .fonts.conf.
17 >
18 > <?xml version="1.0"?>
19 > <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
20 > <fontconfig>
21 > <match target="font" >
22 > <edit mode="assign" name="hinting" >
23 > <bool>true</bool>
24 > </edit>
25 > </match>
26 > <match target="font" >
27 > <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle" >
28 > <const>hintmedium</const>
29 > </edit>
30 > </match>
31 > <dir>~/.fonts</dir>
32 > <match target="font" >
33 > <edit mode="assign" name="rgba" >
34 > <const>none</const>
35 > </edit>
36 > </match>
37 > <match target="font" >
38 > <edit mode="assign" name="antialias" >
39 > <bool>true</bool>
40 > </edit>
41 > </match>
42 > </fontconfig>
43
44 Thanks for your fonts.conf. But it's not OK yet.
45 I still guess that the .fonts.conf didn't work in xfce4 .Because when
46 I switch to gnome,everything is GOOD,with the same fonts.conf file.
47 I even create another user to test,but the result is all the
48 same:gnome is OK but not xfce4,with the same fonts.conf file.
51 > --
52 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
58 wcw
59 --