From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Idea for Videoconferencing (Video part)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 09:29:57
1 On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 11:16:01AM +0200, Petric Frank wrote:
2 > Idea: Use two cameras positioned left and right or top and bottom of the
3 > screen. Combine the two video streams and generate a third stream having a
4 > virtual camera positioned at the middle of the screen.
5
6 How about looking at the camera when you're talking, and looking at the screen
7 only when absolutely required ? This isn't really a computing issue, but more
8 one of basic etiquette.
9
10 If you were in a real meeting and you had some documents in front of you, I
11 would think it superfluous to use technology to average out the position of your
12 eyes (which would unlikely work anyway). I very much doubt that anyone would
13 find it offensive if you failed to constantly stare at them throughout an entire
14 interaction, and some may even find it off-putting.
18 Ashley Dixon
19 suugaku.co.uk
22 DA96 D18A
23 8A7B B0D2