From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] voice or touch data entry apps
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:26:01
1 On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for special types of applications that allow
5 > for data entry, via voice commands or using the touch screen
6 > on a touch screen enabled laptop.
7
8 Don't know how accurate it is, but I found this article:
9
10 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_speech_recognition_software
11
12 It basically says "no" with regard to a complete voice recognition
13 software, but there are lots of incomplete projects.
16 As far as touchscreen, there is this video on youtube from 2006
17 showing touchscreen + Gentoo, so I assume it should be possible once
18 you find the howto (depending on exactly what you want to do with it):
19
20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQkSObRtw0o