From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-238 and google?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 07:12:35
1 On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 00:13:31 BST Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 3:53 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I noticed network related google variables being added in the compilation
4 > > by emerge as udev was being updated to 238 today:
5 [snip ...]
6
7 > > I don't know/understand why meson needs the above, but is there a reason
8 > > google DNS and NTP servers take precedence over my system settings?
9 >
10 > You are misinterpreting this output. Nothing is "taking precedence"
11 > over your local settings.
12 >
13 > systemd-udev is a component of systemd. To build it, we have to run
14 > meson in the systemd source tree.
15 >
16 > The DNS servers are used by systemd-resolved.
17 > The NTP servers are used by systemd-timedated.
18 >
19 > The meson build file defines default settings so that these programs
20 > will work even on an unconfigured system.
21 >
22 > systemd-udev does not utilize these settings, so they are completely
23 > irrelevant for sys-fs/udev.
24
25 Thank you for explaining this to me Mike.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick