From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT???
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 04:12:13
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Can someone point me toward somehow enabling CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT?
4 > It is apparently a kernel config option no required by
5 > virtualbox-drivers but I'm not finding it in the 3.0.3 kernel. I
6 > suspect there's something else I need to enable before this option
7 > becomes available? Unfortunately I haven't been able to Google what I
8 > need to do to find it.
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > Mark
12 >
13 > * Messages for package app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-4.1.2:
14 >
15 > * CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT: is not set when it should be.
16 > * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
17 > * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
18 > <SNIP>
19 >
20 > k2 linux # cat .config | grep IOMMU
21 > CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
22 > # CONFIG_CALGARY_IOMMU is not set
23 > CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU=y
24 > # CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_STATS is not set
25 > CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
26 > CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
27 > # CONFIG_IOMMU_DEBUG is not set
28 > # CONFIG_IOMMU_STRESS is not set
29 > k2 linux #
34 There are a few of them in different places. I'm not sure which one it
35 claims to need as none seems to match the name exactly. Here is a way
36 to search tho. When you type in make menuconfig and it comes up, hit
37 the / key. That would the the question mark WITHOUT pressing the shift
38 key. Type in IOMMU and hit return. From there you can scroll though
39 with the arrow keys to find out which one you think fits.
40
41 This si my results:
42
43 root@fireball /usr/src/linux-3.0.3-gentoo # cat .config | grep IOMMU
44 CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
45 # CONFIG_CALGARY_IOMMU is not set
46 CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU=y
47 # CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_STATS is not set
48 CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
49 CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
50 # CONFIG_IOMMU_DEBUG is not set
51 # CONFIG_IOMMU_STRESS is not set
52 root@fireball
53
54 Yours looks the same as mine so not sure what to suggest other then the
55 search above. Maybe you are Intel based where I am AMD based?
56
57 Hope that helps.
58
59 Dale