From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Understanding new ruby dependencies
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 07:02:09
1 On Mon, 21 May 2012 20:52:01 -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2
3 > Question: Is is true that the RUBY dependencies listed in the above
4 > paste link are entirely due to adding documentation support
5 > (specifically rdoc)? If so, can I tell portage to not install the rdoc
6 > stuff? I have USE=-doc already.
7
8 Yes, this is true. We do this because normally ruby contains a copy of
9 rdoc. We unbundle that and thus the external rdoc implementation is
10 installed. You can control this with the rdoc USE flag on dev-lang/ruby,
11 but note that not installing rdoc is probably considered broken by
12 upstream.
13
14 Kind regards,
15