From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev and external harddisk, some more info
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:46:26
1 On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 10:02:12AM -0700, Penguin Lover Richard Fish squawked:
2 > On 8/18/06, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > >So I am not quite sure whether it is a rules problem or a problem on
4 > >how udev handles the events. Is there a way to check that?
5 >
6 > Other than that, the only other thing I might suggest is try a newer
7 > kernel version.
8
9 What do you know, it worked! Upgrading to 2.6.16-hardened-r10 fixed
10 the issue. And I just wrote some custom rules for symlinks.
11
12 You have my heart-felt thanks, Richard.
13
14 W
15 --
16 Pintsize: Curses! HOURS in there and I STILL don't have mutant ice powers!
17 Pintsize: Sorry waffles, you can't be my sidekick until I have some
18 superhero powers to fight crime with... What? "Waffle powers"?
19 Somehow I don't see "soaking up syrup" or "browning in a toaster"
20 getting us a lot of hot supervillain ladies.
21 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 32 min
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list