From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this an alsa th'ang?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 01:38:32
1 On 2017-07-11 00:11, Mick wrote:
2
3 > A few days ago I noticed as the operc messages pass by at boot time,
4 > alsasound boot service was complaining it can't find some
5 > files/settings.
6
7 This may not be relevant, but just in case: I often get ALSA warnings
8 when booting with a newly built kernel. Apparently the way it stores
9 the mixer settings depends on the kernel version, and it gets slightly
10 confused when it finds ones saved under an earlier kernel.
11
12 This has been happening for as long as I remember, on any distro, and I
13 learned to ignore it, because sound always works okay in spite of it.
16 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
17 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
18 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.