From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Blocked packages emerging xfce4-meta
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:33:51
1 On Friday 04 September 2009 15:09:08 Cinder Cinder wrote:
2 > Sorry Joost, but when I redirct the output of emerge to a file with >
3 >
4 > Code:
5 > # emerge -va --update --deep world > emerge-va-update-deep-world
6 >
7 > ... only two lines are written
8 >
9 > Code:
10 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
11 >
12 > Calculating dependencies ... done!
13 >
14 > I tried putting this line in in /etc/make.conf and ran emerge again
15 >
16 > Code: /etc/make.conf
17 > PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage
18 >
19 > But I can't find anything that looks relevant in /var/log/portage.
20 > How do I get all the other messages out so you can see them?
21
22 Copy paste from the screen into a mail
23
24 or try with -pv instead of -av.
25 -a waits for user input and can screw around with STDOUT
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com