From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 22:16:48
1 On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 02:18:12AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > It's probably a dodgy kernel point bersion, 4.14 is problematic.
4 >
5 > Alice Ferrazzi posted this to gentoo-dev earlier today:
6 >
7 > =====start quote=====
8 > [ lots of problems ]
9 > ===== end quote=====
10
11 Now that’s interesting. On my thinkpad, 4.14 crashes with a nullpointer
12 derefenence when I build audio support into it. Built as a module it works,
13 but the sound card order is wrong (first HDMI, then PCM).
14 Hence I’m still on 4.9. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
17 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
18 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
19
20 Supernatural divinities are the primitives’ answer
21 for why the sun goes down at night.