From: Andy Wilkinson <drukargin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unicode Fonts in xfce4-terminal
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:39:07
1 On 07/12/2010 12:09 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
2 > On 07/12/2010 11:51 AM, Andy Wilkinson wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi all,
5 >>
6 >> I have been fiddling on and off for a few months now trying to get
7 >> Unicode font display in Terminal, which per the Gentoo Unicode docs as
8 >> well as its own, supports UTF-8 character sets. However, special
9 >> characters are not displayed. The font in use is DejaVu Sans Mono,
10 >> which ought to support simple accented characters and other Unicode
11 >> glyphs. The results of `locale` are as follows:
12 >>
13 >> toad@saya ~ $ locale
14 >> LANG=en_US.utf8
15 >> LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
16 >> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
17 >> LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
18 >> LC_COLLATE=C
19 >> LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
20 >> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
21 >> LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
22 >> LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
23 >> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
24 >> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
25 >> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
26 >> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
27 >> LC_ALL=
28 >>
29 >> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
30 >>
31 >> Thanks!
32 >>
33 > Try en_US.UTF-8 instead.
37 That did it. Thanks!
38
39 I am confused, though. Why am I setting LANG, etc, to "en_US.UTF-8"
40 when locale -a says "en_US.utf8"?
41
42 For now I am happy that it works. Thanks again.
43
44 -Andy