From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Suspend and Hibernation not working on XFace desktop
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:55:38
1 Rainer,
2
3 If you can't run suspend/hibernate it may be polkit policies are not allowing
4 you to run these commands via dbus. However, polkit policies are
5 automatically installed/updated as required by the packages you have on your
6 system. For example, this is what I have on my desktop (KDE):
7
8 $ pkaction | grep susp
9 org.freedesktop.login1.inhibit-handle-suspend-key
10 org.freedesktop.login1.suspend
11 org.freedesktop.login1.suspend-ignore-inhibit
12 org.freedesktop.login1.suspend-multiple-sessions
13
14 $ pkaction | grep hibernate
15 org.freedesktop.login1.hibernate
16 org.freedesktop.login1.hibernate-ignore-inhibit
17 org.freedesktop.login1.hibernate-multiple-sessions
18 org.freedesktop.login1.inhibit-handle-hibernate-key
21 I suppose xface would install similar?
22
23 These are the USE flags for polkit on this system:
24
25 $ equery u sys-auth/polkit
26 [ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
27 [ : I - package is installed with flag ]
28 [ Colors : set, unset ]
29 * Found these USE flags for sys-auth/polkit-0.115-r4:
30 U I
31 - - consolekit : Use sys-auth/consolekit for session tracking
32 + + elogind : Use sys-auth/elogind for session tracking
33 - - examples : Install examples, usually source code
34 - - gtk : Add support for x11-libs/gtk+ (The GIMP Toolkit)
35 + + introspection : Add support for GObject based introspection
36 - - jit : Enable just-in-time compilation for improved performance.
37 May prevent use of
38 some PaX memory protection features in Gentoo Hardened.
39 + + kde : Add support for software made by KDE, a free software
40 community
41 + + nls : Add Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale
42 utilities)
43 + + pam : Add support for PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) -
44 DANGEROUS to
45 arbitrarily flip
46 - - systemd : Use sys-apps/systemd for session tracking
47 - - test : Enable dependencies and/or preparations necessary to run
48 tests (usually
49 controlled by FEATURES=test but can be toggled
50 independently)
53 Regards,
54
55 Mick