From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Double firefox references in taskbar
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:19:01
1 Since some time (I think since firefox 3), when I launch firefox using
2 the button in kde's menu, I get two "Mozilla firefox" references in the
3 task bar, one of which with the turning hourglass. Then, the main window
4 of firefox appears. The bouncing firefox icon continues to be near the
5 pointer arrow. After say 10 or 15 seconds, the bouncing icon and the
6 taskbar reference with the turning hourglass disappear, and I'm left
7 with only one (as should be in the first place imho). The aplication
8 associated with the kde menu button is "/usr/bin/firefox %U" (I tried
9 removing the %U, no difference).
10 If I run /usr/bin/firefox from the command line, everything is fine (ie,
11 a single reference in the task bar).
12
13 Anyone else has seen this? Kde version 3.5.9.
14 Not a big problem, but I'm just curious.