From: Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X.org and Matrox DRI
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:41:46
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am trying to get DRI working on my matrox G450 in single-head mode,
4 but with no avail. The best I can manage is software rendering without
5 DRI, which is too slow for gaming (I want to try out some linux games).
6
7 I have the mga driver compiled (kernel 2.6.14) as a module and it loads
8 up at startup. Also I have the mga_drv.o and mga_hal.o drivers from the
9 matrox site. But I still get the following errors (during X startup):
10
11 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
12 nplanes = 0
13 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
14 nplanes = 0
15 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
16 nplanes = 0
17 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
18 nplanes = 0
19 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
20 nplanes = 0
21 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
22 nplanes = 0
23 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
24 nplanes = 0
25 No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = -1 (-1),
26 nplanes = 0
27
28 If I try running glxinfo I get the following:
29
30 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
31 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
32 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
33 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
34 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
35 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
36 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
37 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
38 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
39 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
42 And If I try running any glx-enabled program, it will fail, the glxgears
43 program provides the following error:
46 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
47 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
48 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
49 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
50 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
51 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
52 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
53 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
54 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
55 libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0xffffffff
56 glxgears: Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual.
60 Can anyone help me with this?? I can provide additional info if you
61 need (just ask, for things like xorg.conf file os lspci output).
62
63 Thanks,
64
65 Ognjen B