From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Software Suspend swsusp2 and genkernel initrd initramfs?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:54:34
1 Hi!
2
3 I'd like to get Suspend-To-Disk working on my notebook. For this,
4 I'd like to use suspend2 http://suspend2.net/, using the
5 suspend2-sources-2.6.13-r4. I tried to follow the
6 <http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Software_Suspend_v2> as closely
7 as possible.
8
9 On my system, I'm using LVM for everything, besides /boot and
10 swap. This means, that / is also on a LVM2 LV.
11
12 Suspending the system works somewhat fine when I'm in text
13 mode and call the hibernate script. What does not (satisfactory)
14 work, is resuming.
15
16 The suspend2 howto at <http://www.suspend2.net/HOWTO-7.html#ss7.3>
17 says:
18
19 | in your linuxrc/init:
20 | mount /proc
21 | load modules as required
22 | use dmsetup create dm-0 <path to config-file> to set up access to the LVM partition
23 | echo > /proc/software_suspend/do_resume
24 | do any other actions required (mount rootfs if initramfs...)
25 [...]
26
27 As my / is on a LVM, I must (must I?) use an initrd. For this,
28 I use the genkernel initramfs and also linuxrc. Trying to
29 follow the advice from the suspend2.net HOWTO, I'm looking for
30 the correct spot to add "echo > /proc/software_suspend/do_resume".
31 Where would this be?
32
33 Reading /usr/share/genkernel/generic/linuxrc, I find in
34 line 25 "mount -o remount,rw /". But this should be AFTER
35 dmsetup has been invoked. But where is the call to dmsetup
36 in the linuxrc of genkernel?
37
38 Is anyone here using swsusp2 with LVM? What's the correct
39 and working configuration?
40
41 Thanks,
42
43 Alexander Skwar
44 --
45 When you go out to buy, don't show your silver.
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list