From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade Question
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:26:09
1 Am Samstag, 02.11.2013 um 11:55
2 schrieb Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de>:
3
4 > Hey,
5 >
6 > what is with distcc? When i understand correct that can use to share
7 > the merge process. Can i use with diffrent arch? I use gentoo on
8 > netbook with atom and amd64 and some rootserver with same arch and a
9 > p4 with i686. The p4 is in same network but can this pc use with atom
10 > 64 bit? Has someone expirence with distcc and can say is good or not
11 > really.
12
13 Many years ago I used distcc. At this time I had some slower machines
14 (2 x AMD K5, 3x AMD K6) and distcc was really a booster for many bigger
15 packages, but it doesn't reduce merge time for small packages and it
16 also causes problems with some packages (IIRC openoffice was one).
17
18 Regards