From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TVSE MSP 240 Classic Dot Matrix Printer
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:49:17
1 On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan
2 <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm using Gentoo, and I'm thinking of buying this printer:
6 > http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370533563484
7 >
8 > The printer specification says that it can emulate Epson ESC/P and IBM
9 > Proprinter command sets.
10 >
11 > I saw CUPS documentation and it is written that printers supporting
12 > Epson ESC/P command set are supported on Linux.
13 > http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#EPSON9
14 >
15 > I'd like to know if anybody is using this printer here on this list or,
16 > does it require some hardware switch changes, etc (like jumper settings)
17 > to make the printer comply to particular command set? I'm buying a dot
18 > matrix printer for the first time, please help. It's urgent.
19
20 Don't know. Don't have one.
21
22 However, the manufacturer appears to still be in business, and that
23 looks like it's a current product. Perhaps you could ask them? Their
24 website isn't in the greatest of shape, but they do list a telephone
25 number.
26
27 http://www.tvs-e.in/branch-details.aspx
31 :wq