From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with /dev/parport0
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 13:45:56
1 Hogren:
2 > I try to help you without parallel port, sorry.
3
4 Thank you for responding.
5
6 > Do you have parport installed as a module or directly in the kernel ?
7 > Did you try the two methods ?
8
9 Only as a module.
10
11 > If this is a module, did you run «insmod partport» ?
12
13 modprobe parport_serial
14
15 Which loads parport and parport_pc which it depends on.
16
17 > Do you follow a documentation ? Can you give a link ?
18
19 No, I just loaded the module "as usual".
20
21 https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.11/admin-guide/parport.html
22
23 Some people have reported problem solved by setting the _FIFO thing to
24 off or setting parport dma to on in bios.
25
26 Regards,
27 /Karl Hammar