From: Daniel Quinn <gentoo@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] (Free|Open|Strong)Swan and Gentoo as a client
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:51:54
1 Hello all, I’ve been asked to connect my Gentoo box to a StrongSwan VPN
2 and was offered a .mobileconfig file as means to connect. Unfortunately,
3 this appears to be a special-Apple-only-format and I can’t make heads or
4 tails of the contents. I understand that the server is Ubuntu running
5 StrongSwan using a shared secret, but that’s all I know at this point,
6 so my questions are:
7
8 * Can I use NetworkManager (and as I understand it, LibreSwan) to
9 connect?
10 o If so, how do I translate the fields in the .mobileconfig to
11 gateway, group name, user password, group password, user name,
12 phase 1 algorithms, phase 2 algorithms, and domain? (The fields
13 presented in GNOME’s NetworkManager dialogue for an OpenSwan VPN).
14 * If I can’t (or shouldn’t?) use NetworkManager, what’s the right way
15 to handle this? Is there a utility for handling .mobileconfig files
16 in Linux?