From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modifying locally an ebuild
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:51:03
1 El 31/ago/2005 a las 00:23 -0300, Nick me decía:
2 > 2. Fernando might like to note that the way to introduce a patch to a
3 > package (rather than an amendment to the ebuild) is to use the epatch
4 > command. Commonly the line looks like this:
5
6 You're saying that i can emerge mutt, run epatch command and then
7 re-emerge and assumes the patch? It sounds crazy for me, maybe i don't
8 understand.
9
10 > epatch ${FILESDIR}/cool-all-mutt.patch
11
12 I see that command in ebuilds, but where is it? I can't find it in my
13 installation, but somewhere must be since it gets used.
14
15 > If the patch is large or publicly available, you are better NOT to put
16 > it in the portage tree but have it downloaded from a mirror with e
17 > SRC_URI command. If you want an example of this take a look at the
18 > vlc-0.8.2-r1 ebuild (chosen by me cos I was unsuccessfully hacking it
19 > the other day)
20
21 I don't understand this either, if i put something un *my* portage
22 tree the mirrors get infested?
23
24 (hum... better get some sleep now, i'm understanding less after each
25 minute)
28 Fernando Canizo - http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/
29 lighthouse, n.:
30 A tall building on the seashore in which the government
31 maintains a lamp and the friend of a politician.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list