From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound problems with skype
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:26:27
1 Jer?nimo Backes wrote:
2 > I have Skype installed on my HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop, but the sound doesn't work.
3 >
4 > When speaking, the person I'm talking with can listen to me without problems.
5 > But then that person speaks with me, I hear some cracks, but no voice.
6 >
7 > I'm running skype under KDE 3.5.2, and arts has full-duplex enabled. ALSA is compiled into the kernel
8 > (gentoo-sources-2.6.16.r3) and I'm not having problems with multiple sounds. The issue is with Skype
9 > only.
10 >
11 > Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve that problem?
14 First of all don't start a new topic by replying to other non related
15 thread..
16
17 As far as skype problem goes, try enabling 'Full Duplex'.. It can be
18 accessed under
19
20 Control-Center->Sound & Multimedia->Sound System->Hardware
21
22 There's a check box by label Full Duplex, enable it and save it..
23
24 Farhan Ahmed
25 --
26 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
27 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
28 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
29 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)