From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's wrong with rsync 3.0.6?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:47:25
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:50:42 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 >> It is? In that case I don't know how I've managed with Linux since 1993
6 >> without it.
7 >>
8 > That's what everyone who hasn't used screen says, I said the same.
9 >
10 > There are those that use screen and those that haven't tried it, I've yet
11 > to meet anyone who has tried it and doesn't use it.
15 +1 on that. Using screen is really handy when in single user mode. It
16 also comes in handy when doing updates in a Konsole and you need to log
17 out of KDE. Just exit the screen session, log out, log back in and
18 reattach the screen session. Nothing lost, it never even stops the
19 compile. This is really handy if OOo is in progress.
20
21 You really need to check out screen Peter. I'd be glad to help with the
22 basics of it. I mostly now how to start a new session, detach, reattach
23 and such. Nothing fancy but enough to use it.
24
25 Dale
26