From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] one machine out of many has nothing to update
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 11:45:26
1 On Thu, 6 May 2021 11:51:17 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > I've resynced multiple times over multiple days.
4 >
5 > Interesting observation - all three syncs I did in May have this
6 > __size__ issue.  When I look back at the logs from April, I see I did it
7 > twice.  The first time also failed for metadata/Manifest.gz, but not for
8 > a __size__ problem, but the check sums were dumped.
9 >
10 > Apparently, the update failed and I resynced, and the second time it
11 > succeeded!
12
13 Deleting the entire portage tree and syncing from scratch usually fixes
14 these issues.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 In possession of a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.