From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /proc/net/wirelesslessness
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:26:00
1 On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM, ☈king <rkingmob@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to build a kernel with this Atheros AR9287 wifi card. I had it
3 > working last week and rebuilt the kernel without saving my config, now I'm
4 > kind of stuck. The most immediate problem I see is that I have
5 > /proc/net/wireless, even though when I boot with SystemRescueCD it comes up
6 > fine. Thanks in advance! (Here's the info I have, feel free to query for
7 > more): - iwconfig wlan0 # On the bad boot wlan0 No wireless extensions
8
9 Do you have CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT=y ?
10
11 If you can boot your old (working) kernel you may have /proc/config.gz
12 where you can extract the kernel config (gzip -dc /proc/config.gz)
13
14 similarly you can do the same from your boot CD environment and use it
15 as a starting point for customizing.