From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Handbook missing portage unpacking
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:43:11
1 On 11/10/2014 21:13, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I was just following the handbook for an amd64 install; I have
5 > not looked at the handbook in a while. I downloaded the stage3
6 > tarball and the portage-latest tarball at the same time, like I always
7 > have done. The handbook give instructions for untaring the stage3, in
8 > section 5, but not the portage tarball, or did I miss something?
9
10 It specifies that emerge-webrsync be used, automating the process of
11 fetching and extracting a portage tarball.
12
13 --Kerin