From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Renaming tons of files
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:05:18
1 On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Galevsky wrote:
4 > > > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Erik <esigra@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > > > Amar Cosic skrev:
6 > > > >
7 > > > > emerge kde-misc/krename and see if it is useful to you.
8 > > >
9 > > > emerging extra stuff just for a very simple mv or rename ? Oh my
10 > > > God .....
11 > >
12 > > The download is 82kB.
13 > > The build is < 30 seconds
14 >
15 > Well...if you have kde or most of its libraries already in place.
16 > Otherwise I think it's not as lightweight :-)
17
18 kde ????
19
20 /me double checks original mail....
21
22 Oops. That was krename. I read rename and tested such.
23
24 /me thinks it's time to remember that only livestock are supposed to get
25 Foot and Mouth disease, not geeks <sheepish grin>
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list